After long hours of surfing the Web and trying Django and Hot Club related several keywords in Yahoo, Alta Vista etc., we got some strange results ... like the hot sm. club in Nagano ... gee strange music ... no don't use that ... help. So we had to filter the info for you, otherwise our reputation would be....
If you find another interesting Django or Hot Club page then please mail us.
- Just found this cowboys called The Gypsy Wranglers. With some clips…
- The Hot Club of Chicago
- Hot Club de France Holland Foundation.
- The Hot Club records from John Larsen (a must for every Django Fanatic)
- Paul Reynoson (never heard him playing so far).
- In Germany they love Django (on classica): Deutschland Django or check this German Band called chairman
- This page sells a lot of Django or related records: Jazz Guitar International
- Steve Royal built a few interesting pages:
- The Django Style Swing Page. Steve's site contains a lot lot lot LOT LOT of info about various artists in the tradition. It will also guide you to interesting articles he wrote about several aspects of Django's music.
- The History of Django. For the real die-hards: You'll see Django's birth certificate on the Web! Plus his life story.
- Django Style Guitarists contains more articles about some of the best guitarist in the field ... nice work Steve!
- The Japanese group Gypsy Swing.
- The Hot Club de Frank (don't change that link every month guys…)
- If your browser supports frames and you have a lot of patience then check out this page in France: algo from Pierre Rimia.
- This SITE has some MIDI tracks from Django songs, nicely played or programmed by Gerald Ross
- Martin Taylor is known by his fantastic technique and playing with Grappelly.
- The Gypsy Boys are the generation after Stochelo Rosenberg. Check them out before they change their name again ...
- Every year, at the end of June there is a Django Reinhardt Festival in Samois. To be more precise: in Samois-sur-Seine, the place where Django walked his last steps.
- And the Dutch combination with Jan de Jong called Polytour . (page in Dutch) or the reactions on their beautiful CD in English
- From Holland also the hot strings ensemble: The Hot Strings, With the centre Ville friends Patrick & Chalid. Lost of wav's of them.
- And never seen them play so far, I like to: Zingari, The bass player Hans de Lauter (or luthier?) is a Dutch famous Guitar Builder. You can order maccaferri clones….So check that page to
- And then I was walking on an exposition about my favourite car brand Citroen and there was a Hot Club playing called Traction Avant. Check them out! By the way same bass player as Zingari…
- HI Updated: 09-10-98 20:03:32